Kira is an accomplished entrepreneur with over 25 years of experience, having built 7 businesses of her own, 2 of them reaching multi-million-dollar sales. Her business training includes graduating from AGI as a Jonah (Theory of Constraints) & Entrepreneurial Masters Program, held jointly by MIT/EO, which teaches world-class entrepreneurs how to successfully scale their businesses. Kira has had 3 nominations for RBC Canadian Female Entrepreneur of the Year for New Start-Ups.
Kira is a decorated athlete with multiple Canadian records in swimming, membership in McMaster Sports Hall of Fame and world rankings as a master swimmer. Kira used her mental skills from sports for her success in business, and she teaches them the same mindset skills that were fundamental to her own success.
Kira is trained in Yoga, Mindfulness, Pranayama (breathing techniques), Intuition Development and Healing, with 12,000 hours combined of all disciplines. Meditation was a foundation for all of Kira’s business success. Kira currently teaches meditation to improve business performance as well as to release karma that is holding people back from their fullest potential.
Kira is passionate about educating business leaders on high performance through personal development, which leads to healthy business success at the same time as working less time to get outstanding business results.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- How Kira has successfully built and grown seven different companies, and why mindfulness and meditation practices have become a cornerstone of her success
- What Kira’s Eagle Institute is, and how it works to train business leaders key stress management skills drawn from mindfulness and meditation.
- Kira shares the story of a client who used mindful listening skills to salvage a difficult situation with a business partner.
- Why a meditation app is no substitute for a teacher who can give you feedback and help you progress.
- How Kira helps leadership teams encourage their teams to change practices and adopt mindfulness without feeling forced.
- How compassion practice or kindness practice works to help overcome our minds’ natural tendency towards negativity, and what benefits you can receive from compassion practice.
- How business leaders can unlearn their own negative learned behaviors and better help their teams do the same.
- Why mindfulness and stress management can be powerful tools to help you operate more efficiently and solve problems.
- Why stress triggers the fight-or-flight response and erodes at our mastery of skills, and why it also destroys productivity.
- Why repetition and consistency are the keys to benefiting from meditation and mindfulness practices.
- Website: www.theeagleinstitute.com
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/kira-leskew-34419118/
- LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/the-eagle-institute-ltd./
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/TheEagleInstitute/
- YouTube: www.youtube.com/channel/UCTAPWR6OTe4FTKU6heGvgdA