As the CEO of The Hire Talent, a talent assessment software company, and Wimbush & Associates, Inc., a talent search firm, Fletcher Wimbush has interviewed over 8,000 job applicants.
In addition to talent assessment and executive search work, Fletcher created the Power Interview Guide, the most effective 30-minute interview ever of all time, and co-authored a book with his late father, Hiring Talent Team Players: a guide to getting it right. He and his team have published numerous articles across various media channels including ERE.net, Recruiter.com, Monster.com, and other thought leadership sites. Hundreds of more articles have been published on their assessment testing website found at www.PreEmploymentAssessments.com/blog.
Fletcher’s lifelong passion and study of best practices in hiring has led him to coach business leaders, CEOs, and hiring managers on the best-recruiting practices using self-established resources such as the Power Interview Guide, eBook, and hundreds of hiring topic articles.
After opening over 25 small businesses right out of college, Fletcher moved into a more traditional corporate environment in the hospitality and cleaning products industry. In a multi-business unit leadership role, he developed specific expertise in turning around underperforming business units, reporting top revenue and profit numbers during the 2007-2012 recession years, and in his own businesses has seen 10X growth within a span of 5 years.
Fletcher has spoken and presented at several business events, conferences, and online platforms, including Entrepreneurs Organization (EO), local small business groups, Chambers of Commerce, Bright Talk, SHRM Conferences, and CollegeRecruiter.com.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- Why Fletcher feels passionate about talent acquisition and the importance of getting the right people onto the team.
- Why a behavior-based assessment is a powerful tool that any organization can benefit from using during the hiring process.
- Why Fletcher recommends you begin with a skill-based test to measure a single skill or skillset.
- Why a skill assessment is an important step to determine how truly skilled a candidate is, regardless of what their resume may say.
- Why integrity/attitude testing can be helpful when hiring to screen out problematic candidates.
- Why personality assessments like Myers-Briggs help assess strengths and weaknesses, and why test results don’t really change over time.
- Why team assessments can help create and reinforce a “common language” between team members.
- Why Fletcher recommends 360 assessments as a powerful communication tool, especially for performance evaluations.
- What steps leaders can take to create a culture that allows their teams to feel safe to answer self-assessment questions honestly.
- Website: www.thehiretalent.com
- Telephone: 1-833-332-TEST (8378)
- Successful Culture International website: www.successfulculture.com