A 27-year entrepreneur, speaker, & globally recognized growth strategist, Marissa Levin’s lifetime legacy mission is to educate, equip, & empower 100 million entrepreneurs & leaders with the skillsets and mindsets they need to reach their greatest potential.
In 2012, Marissa launched Successful Culture, a leadership consulting organization that helps CEOs master the 3 most critical aspects of business growth: leadership development, strategy formulation & execution, and organizational culture assessment & improvement.
Marissa is the author of the #1 best-selling book “Built to SCALE: How Top Companies Create Breakthrough Growth Through Exceptional Advisory Boards.” Using Marissa’s patented SCALE Model, SCI helps CEOs select and implement highly effective advisory boards which is an essential strategy for any business looking to grow exponentially.
Jennifer “Jen” Brown’s love of organizational development and human resources started when she interned during her sophomore year in college with the Association for Training and Development. Having led major corporate functions and advised executives during steady and turbulent times, Jen has extensive first-hand experience in driving organizational change at a strategic level and facilitating rapid personal improvement in individuals.
Jen is continuing her love of change management, HR, and organizational development with the launch of Successful Culture International (SCI). She and her long-time friend and colleague, Marissa Levin, have brought their talents and services together to establish a global corporate culture consultancy that leads organizations undergoing significant transformation through a proven model to define, stabilize, and strengthen organizational cultures. SCI also works with emerging companies to help define their corporate cultures so that they can attract, hire, and retain the best talent.
What you’ll learn about in this episode:
- What five phases every business and organization needs to go through in the Culture Development Lifecycle
- What best practices a company can follow when creating their Vision, Mission and Values, and why those three components are the core of a culture’s foundation
- What typical problems can arise in companies that lead them to reach out for help repairing or updating their culture
- Why living your company’s values requires more than just posting them on the wall, and what steps you can take to better understand and live your values
- Why there are no bad employees, but rather undesirable behavior that can be changed and better align with the company’s values
- Why it’s so critical for leaders to stand by their values, especially during the difficult times
- Why it is important for great leaders to model behaviors and live out values as an example for their employees
- How mergers and acquisitions can be especially challenging periods for ensuring alignment with an existing company culture
- Why the Mission and Vision are important components of a company culture that help inform a company’s decision-making